Wednesday, 9 August 2017

A Depressing Time In My Life


It was when my Papa.... Passed away this year and that was when it was the saddest day of my life. When my Papa passed it was a lonely life for my Nan, He died because he was getting to old and was to weak to stand until the doctor said that he has passed. When we had heard that he has passed, my Nan and my Mum went to buy my Papa's coffin and some flowers. When they finished buying everything my Mum looked for some her Dad's pictures to take to the funeral, When she finished she went with my Nan to the hospital to dress my Papa up and put his Tongan clothes on. Which were a Kote, Tupenu, Sote and his tauvala, these clothes that were worn to his malanga at the God Church.

Once they finished they picked up the coffin from the shop and put my Papa in it, Afterwards they put the coffin in the hearse. A hearse is a vehicle that carries coffins and take them to places where the funeral is taken. When my Papa was taken in the hearse the driver had to follow our car to the place where we were having the ceremony.Once we go their we lifted his coffin to the front of the hall and put him on a stand, When we put him down my brother went and got see through blue curtains and put it around the coffin. When he had done that we set up the chairs and the falas on the ground, After that we had to start the funeral the next night so we went home and slept.

In the next morning my Nan and mum was already up having a shower and getting their clothes ready. They had to wear black clothes and a Tauvala, When we left the house we went to my uncle's house to see if h was able to come. When we got their he was wearing a big fala on the outside and black clothes in the inside. Once we finished we had to go back to my house to pick up my sisters and younger brothers. Then when we went home to pick them up I was thinking if I should've said to my brother "ARE YOU GUD BRO?" it was because when we opened the door he was running around chasing the puppy and would not stop until my mum shouted at him to sit down.

When we had finished picking up my family we then went to the hall that we had the ceremony. When we got there, There was already some people there and they were putting on their tauvala and going inside. When we left the van we went inside the hall and sat in the front seat with my Nan, Uncle, and my mum. When we went to the front to sit down my Nan was starting to cry and my mum, But 2 mins later my Nan sister walked in to the hall and sat next to my Nan. Later that day we had to stay there until nighttime and until the feed was on. Then when it got around 12:00 clock we had the prayer and the kisses and my favourite part was the feast. We had chocolate cake with white icing and a pineapple ricotta pie. Then the funeral was over and we had to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment